Friday, May 21, 2010

The Truth

I just finished "Georgia Rule." It's a movie that I've been wanting to see for a long, LONG time so in lieu of LiLo's recent arrest warrant, I thought it might be a good time to watch it. I would highly recommend this movie - VERY moving! Definitely some pretty janky issues, but it had a good message about truth and honesty and love.

Truthfully, I am so ready to move out this state. But honestly, I'm sad that no one will even miss me. No doubt my family (hopefully) will. Well, who even knows about that. Jacy, who knew I was staying in tonight and had unofficially made plans to stay home with me, chose to hang out with her friends instead of me. She claims that she wants to start crying every time I mention moving, but you'd think someone who would really miss me would want to be around me. Do I smell funny (quick armpit sniff)? I don't think so. Okay, so Jacy's ditching me, but where are my friends? I'm moving in less than ONE MONTH and only one friend, ONE FRIEND asked me to hang out tonight. But I politely declined because I thought I was going to stay in with my sister. I know I haven't been the greatest friend, but by GOD if I knew one of my best friends was leaving town I would try to spend as much time as possible with him or her. (Case in point - Heather - I didn't want to miss one minute spending as much time as possible with her when I found out she was heading home.) I don't feel like I should be the one making 100 percent of the effort.

I kind of figured that at some point in my life my friend would leave me. But I didn't know it would happen so quickly.

Such is life after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment